Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 14, 2011

How do you determine wealthy?

I am a wealthy man. No, I don't have all the money I need, let alone all the money I want. No, I don't have the most up to date computer, MP3 player etc and probably won't for a while to come. I sure don't have the kind of vehicle I want (Nothing fancy, just a new Ford Ranger). So how do I judge myself wealthy.

Well besides the fact that I am married to an amazing woman whose financial skills have kept us comfortable even though I have been out of work for three years now? Besides the fact that I have lost 135 pounds over the past two years while managing to keep my diabetes under control? Besides the fact that I am the proud "parent" of some of the most amazing animules in the world? Besides the fact that I have been blessed with some of the best friends around? (Wow, thats a lot of besides) Yes, besides all of that.

Here is why. In my kitchen, sitting on my counter is the means to brew any style of coffee drink I want. I can go old school and simply brew a pot of black coffee in my Mr. Coffee. I can get a little up tech and brew two individual cups of coffee in my 2ToGo coffee brewer. I can brew a cup of espresso that will grow hair on you and then curl it or turn that espresso in a white foamy latte in my Espresso Machine. Heck I can ever take that espresso, some ice, a little almond milk and some flavorings, toss it into my new uber blender and create a frappe anytime I want one.

Now think of the poor schmuck who has to get dressed, drive across town to a coffee shoppe and shell out $4.00+ for a latte or a frappe. He wastes his precious time and gas to buy a drink that I can make in the comfort of my own kitchen to my exact specification for a fraction of the costs. That is why I am a wealthy and lucky man. May all the Gods of Coffeedom bless you as they have blessed me.

No comments:

Post a Comment