Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

She's leaving on a Jetplane, don't know when She'll be back again...

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSSoNBmlcOT6R6UgJ7IkeMgX2DCi6BMOrJmnUN8smpw3E9n7-MC
Must not cry!  Must not cry!

      So in a week and a half, I will be saying goodbye to my wonderful wife as she moves to our nation's capital for her new job.  I plan on being extremely depressed for several weeks after that.  Even our best case scenario has us being apart for several months and don't even get me started on the worst case scenario.  If the worst case happens, I will very very snippy for quite sometime to come.  Just warning everyone in advance.
    So thinking about all of this has made me think about just how long we have been together and how much we have been through.  We have been together going on two decades now and married for 13 years.  (Yes we lived in sin for awhile, get over it.)  We have traveled half across the country together, then  moved back across to our home state a year later.  We moved to GA together and soon we will be moving again.  Our relationship has more physical miles on it than most classic cars.
     During all of that, we survived flooding basements and burning house.  We lived through some of the most stressful financial times ever both personally and nationally.  We faced me being diagnosed with a serious Chronic Illness and losing both my Mother and Father.  In short we have been through a hell of a lot of Shift and we are still together and strong.
     Don't get me wrong.  We have had more than our fair share of fights.  Many of them have been real doozies.  I think there have been times that, if our love and our relationship wasn't so strong, we would have long since broken up and went our separate ways.  The fact that we are still together and still loving one another tells me that our love is strong enough for everything.
     One of my Facebook friends asked me if I was concerned with her moving away without me.  I am guessing that they meant am I worried she will leave me.  I won't lie and say the thought hasn't occurred to me.  I do wonder sometimes if she would be better off without a doofus like me and in my weakest times worry she might one day realize that and leave.  But that occurs only when I am at my weakest.
     My wife is an amazing, intelligent and talented woman who is so much better than I deserve.  I always tell people that the only dumb thing she ever did was marry a broken down redneck like me.  The fact that she has not left me long ago during one of the many disasters that has happened to us amazes me.  It also tells me that she will always be there for me.  A fact that I find incredibly comforting.
     So I will miss her while we are apart and a tiny part of me will worry the entire time we are apart.  However, I will always believe that we were meant to be together and that we always will.  If for no other reason, there is no way in Hades I can feed 6 cats and 2 dogs on my own.
Brew long and prosper



No comments:

Post a Comment